With our continued investment in the latest state-of-the-art equipment, HCA hospitals are able to offer our patients Gamma Knife treatment – a type of radiosurgical technology that is used to treat certain brain conditions, including tumours and vascular abnormalities.
Treatment involves delivering multiple radiation beams into the head to treat targets within the brain. The level of accuracy is better than 0.5mm, leaving nearby healthy brain tissue undamaged and significantly reducing the radiation dose to the rest of the body when compared with competing technologies.
Are you paying for yourself? Click here for our self pay prices.
When you have Gamma Knife treatment at one of our hospitals:
- treatment is performed on a single day, in the majority of cases
- there are few post-treatment complications associated with Gamma Knife treatment and rapid recovery times – unlike surgery, you are likely to be able to return to normal activity, even work, within one to three days
You can choose the consultant and hospital most convenient for you by simply entering the treatment into our ‘Consultant finder’.
With us, you can be sure you are getting the best treatment available. When you have any treatment in one of our units or hospitals, you will experience a number of benefits:
- Access to consultants who are experts in their field, working with the latest treatments and leading technologies in state-of-the-art facilities that smaller private hospitals cannot match.
- We are London’s leading private hospital group, treating 400,000 patients each year. This volume drives excellence and experience and means we can invest in the latest treatments, technologies and medication - £500 million in the last decade - many of which are not available on the NHS or via smaller private hospitals.
- You can be confident that we can take care of all your treatment needs. We are the only private hospital group to offer such an extensive range of treatments for patients of all ages.
- No waiting time. Your care will start as soon as you're ready.
- Your safety is protected. Some private hospitals don’t have any on-site critical care facilities in the event of an emergency. Our consultants have access to more critical care beds 24/7 than any other private healthcare group in the UK. If you need urgent care you’ll receive it instantly – it’s very rare for us to transfer patients to another hospital. Our rates of MRSA are nearly five times lower than the national average. And we have zero recorded cases of some other common infections.
What to do next
Once you have decided that you would like to be treated at an HCA hospital, or would like further information, here's what to do next:
- Call one of our advisors on +44 (0) 20 7079 4399 or complete our web enquiry form.
- Check with your insurance company that your policy covers your treatment, and obtain authorisation.
- Visit or call your GP to obtain a referral letter and then call us to make an appointment to visit your chosen consultant and hospital at a time to suit you.
<< Back to A-Z of Services and Treatments